Sunday, January 31, 2010

UTI's, or those pesky urinary tract infections

I used to get urinary tract infections a lot. Those can make the whole vajayjay area pretty darned uncomfortable! How can you use your vajayjay properly if you have that going on down there?

One day, as I was getting my 5th prescription for antibiotics at the doctor's office, a nurse told me to try cranberry pills. "Forget the juice," she said. "You need something more concentrated than that."

So I picked up some cranberry pills at my local drugstore, and took 3 of them before bed, along with a huge glass of water. The next day, I took 3 in the morning and 2 or 3 at night. It worked!

Whenever I felt something coming on, due to stress or maybe not drinking enough water, I would pop some of those beauties and rest.

Today, I've been reading all about rosehip tea. Apparently that's good for UTI's as well. If you're too lazy to click on that link: it says to drink 3-4 glasses of rosehip tea per day if you're suffering from a UTI.

Not only is it good for you, it's tasty! You can find rosehips in bulk at natural food stores, or look for them in herbal tea preparations. One of my favorites is Red Zinger, by Celestial Seasonings.

Have a wonderful day with your vajayjay and remember, drink your water! A moist vajayjay is a happy vajayjay.

No comments:

Post a Comment